Sports bet – the amount of funds wagered on a certain outcome of a specific sporting event. In the European market, such betting is known as “betting” – from the word Bet (rate).
Sports betting sportbet.one belongs to the category of gambling entertainment. However, unlike casino games, the results of bets largely depend not so much on luck as on the experience of the bettors and the thoroughness of their approach to evaluating a sporting
How to bet on sports
To understand how to bet on sports, you need to understand the types of bookmakers. Today, sports betting is available to most ordinary users. In countries with legalized sports betting, this area of the gambling industry is regulated at the legislative level. According to the provisions in force in most states, organizations accepting sports betting can be divided into the following types:
- land-based bookmakers;
- online bookmakers;
- bookmakers in casinos and pubs;
- telephone services;
- private bookmakers;
- sweepstakes at racetracks.
According to statistics, the most popular are the services of online offices. Licensed betting sites on the Internet are notable for their accessibility, comfort, ease of use, offer a wide range of currencies and payment systems, and guarantee security. Ratings and reviews of bookmakers help to select reliable and generous online resources.
The main types of sports betting
Land-based and online bookmakers offer betters a wide range of different types of bets, categorizing them according to various criteria.
By event outcome
This category of bets stands out for its wide variety. Betters are offered a very solid selection of options
On the result (outcome) of the event
The easiest and most common option. The bet is held on the victory of a specific team or a specific participant in the match. This variety is subdivided into several additional subtypes:
- a bet on the victory of the first or second team (participant);
- draw bet;
- a bet on a double outcome: one team wins or a draw.
The user is invited to bet on the number of points scored (goals, pucks, rounds, sets). There are several types of total bets:
- over total / under total – the forecast whether more or less goals will be scored than the value specified in the bet. For example, the TB formula (5) means that the team will “earn” more than five points, TM (5) – on the contrary, less than five points.
- fractional total. It is indicated by numbers with the addition of 0.5, for example, TB (2.5), TM (4.5). Such numbers are used to avoid a possible coincidence of the Total value and the number of goals scored and, accordingly, return the bet to the bettor.
- individual total – the forecast for the number of points earned by a specific team.
In addition, there are concepts of even / odd, three-way totals. A separate category includes bets not on the number of goals scored, but bets on other parameters: the number of time-outs, yellow cards, assists, quarters, and other indicators.
This type of bet implies a forecast for the lag or advantage of teams in points (goals, sets, rounds, etc.). In a special designation, this parameter looks like F1 (-1), for example. This indicator means that the bet is placed on the winning of the first team with a handicap of -1 goal. In this case, the actual advantage must be at least two points. If the team beat the opponent by exactly 1 ball, the bet is considered a “draw” and returned without winning.
Asian and European handicap
A variation of the handicap bet with special additions, for example, dividing the contribution into two components, one of which is counted as a contribution to the handicap, the second – for a draw.
Correct score bet
This is the most difficult, but the highest paying type of bet. The user must guess the exact number of goals scored for both teams. Correct predictions in such scenarios are more likely the result of luck than accurate calculations.
In addition to the options mentioned, there are so-called “temporary rates”. According to the rules, users make a prediction of the number of goals scored within a given period of time.
Most sweepstakes allow for the possibility of placing bets during the match – Live-bets. The size of the odds in such cases changes in real time in accordance with the current situation and the success of the matches.
According to this criterion, experienced betters (players) distinguish 3 types of bets:
- single (single) – a bet on the outcome of a specific event. The correct forecast allows you to get a win, if the forecast is wrong, the money “burns out”.
- express – a rate that combines several predictions. A better can bet on different outcomes of one event (for example, on the winner and the number of points scored) or on different outcomes of several events (as an option, on the victory of specific teams in different competitions). In such cases, the coefficients of all events are multiplied. The calculation is as simple as possible. With initial odds, for example, 1.2, 1.7 and 2, the total result is equal to 1.2×1.7×2 = 4.08. However, this scheme only works if all the predictions turn out to be correct. One mistake and the entire bet is lost.
- system – a set of express bets of several types of bets. The player can bet on various outcomes of five or more events. However, the final odds are calculated separately for each bet in the system. In such options, winnings are paid for successful predictions, deposits are lost only on incorrect bets.
According to experienced bettors, it is the system that minimizes the risk of losing funds and allows you to achieve good results in the game.
What is sports betting odds
The coefficient is a numerical value by which the better’s bet is multiplied if he wins. The calculation formula is as follows: Bet x odds – total winnings. To determine the amount of net profit, subtract the size of the bet from the total winnings.
Today there are 3 generally accepted types of coefficients:
- decimal (European) – most common in Europe. This option is the most accessible for perception. It is indicated by a decimal number, for example 1.35. The calculation of the winnings is as follows: the bet amount 100 is multiplied by 1.35. The total payment will be 135, net – 35, respectively.
- fractional (English). Presented as a fractional digit, say 8/3. In the interpretation, it means that with a bet of 300 conventional units, the payout will be 800.
- American – a kind of odds associated with the peculiarities of American football and baseball. It is written as whole positive or negative numbers: +25 or – 93, for example. It is rarely used in European sweepstakes.
It is important to remember that the odds in the totalizator are calculated in such a way that the bookmaker remains in profit for any outcome of the match. To do this, bookmakers use their own margin – the percentage of risk. Due to this, the odds for the same outcome in the same events may differ. This feature often becomes the mainstay of a number of strategies used by experienced bettors.